Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eat more chocolate, eat less cocaine...The Beginning

"Well Mark, Why hot chocolate?"
Because, my adoring audience, because....

Frankly, since I don't drink coffee or wine I figured I might as well become a conosuer of something. After all, if I want to be able to hang out with all those trendy indie rock types I've better have something sophisticated and artsy to talk about between looking hip and playing melancholy music.Since I love indie rock and don't live near a thrift store I knew something drastic needed to happen in my life.

The decisive moment:

The Mrs and I were in the midst of a very hip french themed dinner night with a couple of long time friends. A single candle was lit and the conversation drifted between the topics of chocolate, fair trade procedures, human trafficking, and cocaine vs chocolate in Peru.

   Me: "Isn't that so trendy that a bunch of farmers with chocolate bars are taking out drug lords."
   My Friend: "I just feel so sensitive to that."
   My Friends Friend: "Do you like my peacoat and long hair"
   Me: "Yes, I do Shaun."
   My Wife's friend: "Eat more chocolate! Eat less cocaine!"


 My mind whirled...   Eat more chocolate.
                                               Yes I can do that!
                 Eat less cocaine..       
                                        ...can do!

And since it often snows through July where we're from what a better form of chocolate...... than hot.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment